Mark Healy has some 20 plus years work experience in Australia’s mining and resource sector, including but not limited to, the construction of gas pipelines, power stations, alumina refinery plants, and rail plants & equipment.
Originally a Fitter & Turner, Mark later retrained after completing his apprenticeship to become a Mechanical Engineer. Now after working for some 17 years on major EPCM projects throughout Australia, Mark assists graduates in entering the market place.
Mark believes to be successful in any industry you must know exactly what you want to achieve from your career and associate with people who can help make it happen.
Too much emphasis is placed on online applications, GPAs, resumes and cover letters. The truth is, by the time it’s online, it’s too late. If you take the time however to develop your professional relationships, work will follow, and it’s easy to do even for a graduate.
Mark has worked for a range of companies in different market sectors and this has provided him with a strong understanding of how the industry works.
A snapshot of Mark’s career experiences:
Bachelor Mechanical Engineering
Associate Diploma Civil Engineering
Fitter & Turner
- TECHNIPLAN PTY LTD: Graduate Design Engineer, designing rail equipment
- RIO TINTO: Weipa, bulk materials handling and process experience as a Site Engineer and Draftsman
- AECOM: (Formerly M&A Consultants) major projects for Mount Isa Mines, Senior Mechanical Engineer
- MCCONNEL DOWELL: Gas metering skids for Ballera gas pipeline for Mount Isa Power Station, Mechanical Design Engineer
- FLUOR: WMC, feritliser plant project, Project Engineer
- QAL: Design and Project Engineer, Gladstone
- WDS GROUP (Formerly Delco): Project Manager/Project Engineer for the construction of gas flow lines for Santos, based in Ballera, Jackson and Moomba
- ALCAN ENGINEERING: Gove plant upgrades in the Northern Territory, Design Engineer
- INTERGEN: Millmerran Power Station project, Project Engineer
- THIESS / SEDGMAN JV: Senior Project Engineer, Dawson and Lake Lindsay coal projects for Anglo Coal, Senior Project Engineer
- AUSENCO: Trainer
- SKILLS TECH, TRAINER / TEACHER: in a few key competencies for Advanced Diploma Engineering students